People need to be aware that hormonal balance is very important for their health, especially for women’s health. In their case, female hormones, especially estrogen and gestagen, play a very important role in regulating the menstrual cycle and with a direct impact on health, weight and general mood. Therefore, foods are very helpful to easily include in the diet a number of beneficial foods that help regulate hormonal balance.
Medical experts say that hormones act as chemical messengers in the body, and help control almost all physiological processes, including metabolism, the immune system, the menstrual cycle and reproduction.
In the case of women, the hormonal imbalance differs from one age to another: a 20-year-old woman is not the same in hormonal terms as a 50-year-old woman. From PMS to menopause, hormones can affect mood, weight, relationship with food, etc. For some women, it may be somewhat more bearable, for others, on the other hand, it is a real wreck every time these changes occur. Therefore, food can play a decisive role on these occasions.
In this article I will tell you which are the most important foods for hormones, and which should not be missing in our diet:
- Soy. People need to know that their composition contains a very high content of phytoestrogens. Its role is to regulate, or supplement a woman’s estrogens if they are insufficient and when they are excessive, reduce their action, which are actually used during menopause until the elimination of symptoms such as hot flashes, fatigue or night sweats and digestive discomfort. , such as constipation, nausea or diarrhea.
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids. This food hormone is not synthesized by the body and yet it is very important in different areas of metabolism. It regulates blood circulation, reduces the concentration of cholesterol in the blood and participates in the metabolism of female hormones, facilitating their transport through the bloodstream to places in the body that need them.
- Yeast. This food is very important, because in its composition there is a very high content of zinc. Its role is to act as a hormonal regulator. It is very useful in the prevention and treatment of acne and also has a purifying and toning action, which makes it very useful during pregnancy, postpartum and breastfeeding.
- Figs are recommended for regulating hormonal processes. Mostly nutrition experts recommend this food for irregularities in the menstrual cycle, menopause and certain changes in the uterus due to hormonal imbalance.
- Andean macaque: is a fruit native to Peru and Bolivia, which is an excellent food for hormones, because it acts as a regulator of many of them. It is rich in protein, essential fatty acids, fiber, carbohydrates, iron, zinc, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, B vitamins and calcium. Its benefits are attributed to regulating menstrual cycles, relieving the discomfort of menstruation or menopause, improving libido and fertility.
- Sage.In the composition of this plant is very much isoflavones.It is recommended to use to reduce dysmenorrhea and relieve menopausal symptoms.